New Lowden Electric Guitars
We were very excited to hear the news that forty years on from when George Lowden first built an electric guitar, 2018 sees the introduction of the all new GL-10 electric. We have three of these pre-ordered directly from the Lowden workshops in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland, one of each wood option; Walnut, Tasmanian Blackwood and Koa.
Here's what George has to say:
“My interest was revived through a request from an artist in 2016. I went away on a retreat to think through the design options. The first prototype exceeded my expectations in terms of visual appeal, balance and, in the guitar’s inherent design features, a natural ability to sustain without trying!”
The single cut pairs instantly recognisable Lowden characteristics and carefully crafted contours with unique design features finely tuned for that signature tone and sustain.
Select Master Grade tone woods are paired with integral five piece neck to body construction, through body strings with solid brass lined string holes, embedded tonal brass plate within the body, Lollar Imperial Gold pickups, and hand rubbed natural oil finish.
The GL-10 embodies classic Lowden character, drawing from over 40 years of guitar making heritage to invite the player to explore new tonal possibilities that await.
- Body: Mahogany
- Middle Laminate: Rosewood Or Maple
- Weight: 3750g approx. // 8lbs 3oz approx
- Top: Available in Walnut (GL-10 WA), Tasmanian Blackwood (GL-10 TB) or Koa (GL-10 KO).
Finish: Hand rubbed oil finish
- Neck: 5 Piece mahogany with rosewood splices
- Headfacings: Ancient Bog Oak
- Scale Length: 630mm
- Fingerboard radius: 12”
- Number of frets: 22 frets
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 43mm
- Width at 14th fret: 53mm
- Switching: 3 way
- Controls: 2 volumes, 1 tone
- Configuration: HH
- Electronics: Lollar Imperial Humbucker
- DC: Neck 7.6k / Bridge 8.4k
- Bridge: Gotoh GE103B-T
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 w/ ebony buttons
- Control Knobs: Gold knurled
STRINGS & ACCESSORIES:
- Strings: .010 - .046
- Case: Custom fit hard case
- Maple Neck
- Mother of Pearl fretboard dot markers
- Left Handed
As there will be an initial limited supply of these guitars, we recommend you secure yours with a 10% deposit. Call in or give us a call to chat about your options. Finance available.