Back to School Competition 2022. Win 30 Descant Recorders for your class. (Worth £150)
To take part.
1. Students draw a pictures of themselves with their instrument or take a picture and stick on the dedicated area of their Matchetts Music Manuscript Book. (The more the creative the picture the better.)
2. Staff or parents simply post a picture of the image directly onto their Facebook or Instagram account (or both), tagging us @matchettsmusic.com.
3. Closing date midnight 30th September 2022.
4. We will pick the wining entry and notify the school by 4th October 2022.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Term (“Terms”), together to be defined as the “Competition”, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
- The Competition(s) is organised and operated by Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Terms at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within a Competition Notice or these Terms.
- In the event of any dispute regarding conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, our decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. Qualifying Entrants
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom.
- Employees of Matchetts Musical Instruments or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, any advertising agency connected with us, or any such person’s subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Additional eligibility requirements might apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid passport, visas and/or driver’s licence. Provision of such documents will be required if the Competition prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
- We assume that by using our site and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) either you have legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to the Terms (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract) or your parents have consented to your entry of the Competition and use of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has significantly breached any of these terms and conditions.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, in our sole discretion we may decide whether a replacement contestant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you (including without limitation any abusive behaviour, physical or psychological).which Matchetts Musical Instruments considers posing any medical, security or safety risk may lead to your immediate disqualification.
- You are obliged to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety standards and the general appropriateness of activities undertaken during the Competition and acknowledge that all activities are undertaken at your own risk. Matchetts Musical Instruments Limitied reserve the right to forfeit your place on the Competition or the Prize (without liability or compensation) if, in its reasonable opinion, you may expose yourself or others to risk of illness or injury or to the cancellation, disruption, or curtailment of the Competition.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. 3. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Johnston Press’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for negligence by THE Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners and their entries and use them in any publicity.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
- There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
- The Terms (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited. The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of the whole or part of a Term or Condition does not affect or impair the continuation in force of the remainder of the Terms.
- In the event that any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
- The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies
- These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by Northern Irish law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts. How to contact us: Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited 38 Wellington Place, Belfast, BT1 6GF
- Qualifying Entrants to competitions
- The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- Employees of Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited or any associated company of Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- In consideration of us agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to us the complete copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright. We shall be free to assign such rights to third parties.
- You hereby warrant that the information that you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything, which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening and shall indemnify Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited for any loss, damage or liability arising in connection therewith. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation (and without limiting our rights under your warranty and indemnity above), to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited does not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited your Entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited will be able to use Entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your Entry in any way you choose. Where any Entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- In consideration of Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited agreeing transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and The Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist The Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- By providing Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited with your personal data you consent to Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.
- There is no cash alternative to prizes. Prize winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw date and it is the winner’s responsibility to provide the prize provider with full address and contact details within 5 days of being notified of their win. Failure to provide this information within the 5 days will result in the prize being forfeited
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by Northern Irish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Northern Ireland.
Social media competition terms & conditions
- By entering one of our social media competitions, you agree with and understand the following terms:
- This competition is hosted by Matchetts Musical Instruments Limited Wellington Place, Belfast BT1 6GF
- This competition is open for children under 18 with the permission of the parent of guardian or school.
- Entrants cannot be an employee of the competition host.
- Entries must be received by the date stated in the main competition post.
- The winner/s will be picked according to what is stated in the main competition post.
- We reserve the right to offer an alternative price or amend the rules of the competition if necessary.
- Entrants must be a resident of the United Kingdom unless otherwise stated in the main competition post.
- Entries on competitions ran on social media means you agree to the complete release of Instagram.
- You acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.