Title of post:
Sales Assistant (Classical Shop)
Direct reporting line to:
Salary and benefits:
Salary dependent upon experience.
Company auto enrolled pension scheme.
Matchetts Music, 50-56 Wellington Place, Belfast, BT1 6GF
Core business hours are 9am to 5.30pm (Monday, Friday and Saturday). As a part time employee you will work 24 hours per week. You may be asked to work some Sundays and evenings through the course of the year.
Main purpose of the job.
To sell musical instruments and to look after customers needs.
Key duties and responsibilities.
- Selling musical Instruments
- Dealing with Customer problems.
- Takings payments and using the till.
- Booking in and processing deliveries.
- Lifting boxes into the store from deliveries in accordance to health and safety regulations
- Produce, and appear, in social media content such a videos etc.
- Cleaning the shop floor and communal areas in accordance with health and safety regulations and guidance record sheets provided.
- Abiding by all health and safety policies and regulations and ensuring that all risk assessments are complied with.
- Ensuring safe working practices at all
The above job description is not exhaustive and is not intended to give a definite list of all duties and responsibilities. It is a guideline within which the individual job holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible. There will be additional duties and responsibilities in accordance with the job role.
Essential criteria, experience and skills.
- Be numerate & literate – educated to secondary level standard
- Be able to work within a team, as well as on your own initiative, with minimal supervision
- A “can do” attitude with a strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Availability to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- You must be able to plan, prioritise and manage your own work.
- Have a proactive and practical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Be computer literate with the ability to use the usual range of Microsoft products, email, and the various social media products
- Have the ability to use social media in order to highlight what Matchetts can offer our customers (produce, and appear, in social media content such a videos etc.)
Desirable criteria, experience and skills.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience gained within a musical instrument sales retail